Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!!




Valentine at the work was kinda of strange. Usually, our HR department put boxes of those "Sweetheart" candies in our cubicles; this year we got these "Pretzel Swirls" (like 300 calories). Later in the afternoon at 3pm, HR had dessert in the lunchroom with all these pies from Marie Calender (think this originated when we use to celebrate President Day or something but since we don't do that, I guess Valentine Day got defaulted). Pies = Valentine Day ? Maybe they're meant to be "Sweetie pies" ?!

Also, my coworker Roxy has been posting this Valentine Day countdown (see picture above) ... so on this day, Valentine's Day ... 365 days pops up (technically, I think it's suppose to be ZERO day to Valentine's Day).

Anyways, I spent lunch time today at Best Buy, buying the new "Grey's Anatomy" Season one DVD and at Walmart to pick up some dinner napkins and a new vial of "Airborne" (too many sickies at work!).

Afterwork, I went to the last lesson of my first ever golf class (sad) ... we learned how to use the nine iron and the putter. Can't wait to start another golf class soon! On my way home, I was craving Churches Chicken (well known in da South) ... oooh, three pieces mixed with mash potatoes and fried okras (and a diet Pepsi, of course). So good going down and so BAD for my bod! Oh well, tomorrow is another day (and an extra long session in the company gym!).

Currently watching the first episode of "Grey's Anatomy" Season one ... so addicting!

-DB-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fried chicken!! yah baby!!!!! :D come to texas, and you can enjoy some REAL texas bbq.

Delta Boy said...

hmmmm ... REAL Texas BBQ ... does that come with a twang?

I'm not sure I've ever had the REAL BBQ ... sounds tempting! I'm BBQ Pork guy myself (pulled pork sandwiches!!!).

-DB-