



At the end of a long crazy day; I got a voice mail from a voice I hadn't heard in years ... my former college roommate from Ole Miss (University of Mississippi). We met for dinner at Storyteller Cafe at Downtown Disney in Anaheim. It was a good time of catching up with each other especially about people we knew in college, families, Ole Miss' Oxford campus, tailgating parties, our friends who achieved success & fame, girls that we lost, you know ... The five hours just flew before we both had to go.
The buffet at Storyteller Cafe (in the Disney Grand Hotel) seemed like a good deal compared to the ala carte menu prices. The Salmon and Prime Rib was pretty good as well as the salads and dessert. I busted up when I saw the "Mickey Mouse ear" chicken nuggets (see photo above). Most of the photos are from the 'net. We strove down "Memory Lane" around downtown Disney and eventurally made our way to the ESPN Zone. Thanks to Ronald, I got brought up to speed with the lives and happening of all these people I knew from MidSouth (Memphis, Mississippi and Arkansas). Sadly and sweetly, LIFE happened ... marriages, births, divorces, deaths, illness, prosperity and success.
My friend, R works for the IRS. He also is part of ASPIRE (Asian Pacific Internal Revenue Employees) employee career development organization within the IRS. One of the founders is one of my collage mentors when I was a frosh at Ole Miss. Amazing how things worked out.
It was one of those major footnote moments in my life.
-DB-

1 comment:
I love Storyteller's Cafe but I've never had the buffet. Tell more... please!!!!!
Post a Comment