Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mosaic Church - "Chasing Daylight"






A friend invited me to check out Mosaic Church tonight, Pastor ErwinMcManus had recently released a new book and sermon series "Chasing Daylight". I had previously attended Mosaic's Origin Conference a couple years ago so I was somewhat familar with highly theatrical service that Mosaic Church (formerly, Church on Brady) presents.

Mosaic is a multi-site church. Tonight's service was held at the Mayan nightclub in downtown LA. Presentation was good, worship was great and Pastor Erwin delivered a great sermon on taking the Initiative. It sound like they have many wonderful programs set up, I'm not all that sure that they were community minded as it seemed to me that they were somewhat "consumer" orientated. It was a good experience. Thanks CJ for the invite!!

-DB-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah it is a pretty "consumerish" church, which is the one thing that bothers me about it, but on the other hand, it's VERY seeker friendly, so i'm all about that. i have a friend who goes there once in awhile who would NEVER go to regular "church."

peylin