Friday, February 10, 2006

U2 Wins 5 Grammys!



Here's part of the Thursday's article from online:

U2 Dismantles Mariah, Kanye at Grammys By Sarah Hall

Yahoo News 2/9/2006

Sometimes, the members of U2 can't make it on their own--they need help hauling all those heavy Grammys around.

The veteran Irish rockers were the big winners Wednesday at the 48th Annual Grammy Awards, where they took home five trophies in all, including Album of the Year and Best Rock Album for How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, Song of the Year and Best Rock Performance by a Group for "Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own," and Best Rock Song for "City of Blinding Lights."

"If you think this is going to go to our head, it's too late," frontman Bono said upon accepting Song of the Year. The band won in all five categories in which they were nominated, bringing U2's career Grammy triumphs to 22. Last year, the band won three Grammys for "Vertigo," the first single off of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta be blasphemous here I suppose. I think the Grammys did the music world a huge disservice by NOT giving the Album Of The Year to Kanye West. I have listened to both U2 and KW's albums and I must say, the "LR" album is out of control. U2's album was good, but dang Kanye, you was robbed. They gave it to the safe choice, U2. Sorry Bono and the boys, you guys are still great, but 2005 should have been KW's year.

Out.

Delta Boy said...

Kanye is awesome ... so who votes on these Grammys?

-DB-