On cable television, there's a channel that is devoted to retro (read: rerun) television. I think there's even a cartoon network version of it called "Boomerang". I wished I had "Boomerang" at home, I'll be watching "Thundarr the Barbarian" all the time!
Anyways, my roomie and I were watching some old "Sanford and Son" episodes, and it started me talking about all the programs that I watched as a child (keep in mind, I'm really dating myself here especially if you never heard of the programs I'm about to talk about). I remember watching campy episodes of "Batman" that used to come on twice a week and the special episode that starred "The Green Hornet" and Kato (aka Bruce Lee)! Now who didn't have the hots for "Catwoman" back then!
I grew up on a steady diet of war shows like, "The Rat Patrol", "Combat!", "Twelve o'clock High", etc ... I also remembered watching alot of WWII movies, like "Hell is for heros", "Return to Batan", "The Longest Day", "Patton", "Battleground", etc ... It was interesting that Gamera-San (my roomie) remember most them as well (since we're the same vintage).

"COMBAT!" with Lt. Hanely & Sgt. Saunders / "The Rat Patrol"
I think I was having flashbacks to "The Brady Bunch" and "Partridge Family" episodes too. Dang! I know that I was totally watching way too much TV back then!
Now a days, you can pretty much buy alot of the old shows on Dvds now!
Aaaah, the good old days (now available on DVD)!
-DB_

2 comments:
Is it just me or did tv back then seem more creative and perhaps funnier? Even edgier. Archie bunker in today's society would never had made it past the screeners. Even Good Times. Those were some cutting edge shows.
Every once in awhile I'll be watching Bernie Mac and bust out with a hearty laugh but them old shows were "classic".
lj akkar
Oh Gamera-san, Denial is not just a river in Egypt. Nevertheless, you're always be younger than moi (that's a fact)!
= D
Post a Comment