Sunday, July 23, 2006

72 hours this weekend

Whew!! So busy this weekend, not enough time to blog ... here's a 72 hour summary:

When I last wrote, we had a "Summer Fiesta" at the office with yummy Mexican food (all we all got "food coma" afterwards).


Our" resident cubicle decorators" go to work after hours!

Had House Church on that same Friday evening: Our food theme was "Japanese" or atleast some kind of Asian theme food (I made plain rice Spam Musubi ... which is more Hawaiian, I know). Pastor Kev shared about Jesus meeting the woman at the well and what she did afterwards (sharing her testimony). Two of our own shared on Friday: Dorene and Brice. Afterwards we broked into smaller groups and prayed for one another. Mister Gamera-San and I stayed until about 11:30 or so (since we carpooled).


Yummy food at House Church on Friday!

I stayed up till 3am (gotta make my weekend last!) surfing on the internet, cleaning up all the old video on my DVD recorder.

Saturday was totally VEGGIE DAY ... didn't-wanna-do-nuthing-day-'cause-it-was-darn-hot-day! Well, I did do two loads of laundry, edit some videos and watch my one of my favorite movies "Mr & Mrs Smith" or atleast some parts of it. I just bought the two soundtracks from "Mr & Mrs Smith" on I-Tune earlier this week.

Got up at 4am to play 18 holes at Birch Hills GC this morning for this morning 6am tee time (and stayed out there even while it was lighting and raining! Oooooh, scary! You can read more about that on my new golf blog page: http://dbgolfingadventures.blogspot.com/2006/07/real-lighting-round-of-golf.html


DB playing in the rain (and lighting) on Sunday before church

Finally made it to church today at noon, it turned out that everything got pushed back alittle bit and I was able to hear most of Pastor Kev's message on wisdom today. A couple key points sort of hit home for me: 1) "Would things be different if I wasn't here?" 2) A story about a former NFL player who was a crack addict who got off on crack only to spend the rest of his life playing golf .... hmmm.


Pastor Kev teaching on wisdom


Cindy holds baby Nathan as mom Julie beams


Natalie in pigtails as Grace looks on


Pastor Kevin chats with Tim's worship team after service

We had a nice quarterly business meeting after service with our "Lee's sandwiches", and fruit and water from the local Costco.

-DB-

No comments: