I'm glad I made to HC on Friday. I was having one of those difficult, stressful days and wanted to crawl into bed and just pull the covers over my head. But fortunately, I decided to rather than to sulk; I chose to be with my church family. I was glad I went. We had a nice little community dinner (eventhough, I was getting pretty much burnout - "
pun intended" on BBQ / grilled food since the Fourth of July). We had grilled hot dogs and sauces, pizza, and wonderful sides. Our hosts, the Hunt Family are so generous in opening up their home for our group! A big thanks to the Hunts for loving us so much (especially after hosting three other events at their house in one week)!
DB's grilled sauage, yum!
"Uncle Kevin" giving pony rides to all the little girls!We spent our sharing time praying for a brother in need and for our very own Sarah who's going to Hungary for summer mission in a couple weeks. We also went over our Vacation Bible School planning and prayer for this coming with in partnership with Solidarity in Fullerton.
I was blessed to come and be with folks who cared about each other (including me).
-DB-
No comments:
Post a Comment