Saturday, May 06, 2006

A long Saturday ...

What a busy day! Isn't Saturday suppose to be the Sabbath (a day of rest)?

I guess I'm just an crazed multi-tasker!

Up at 8am, shower / breakfast.

Drive up to Pasadena for dentist appointment.

Made a detour to Peets Coffee (for another bag of "Major Dickerson Blend") and since Golfsmiths is next door, made a quick shopping trip for somemore Nike apparel (using some of the generous birthday GC that my friends got me back in January).

Just made it to my dentist for my belated check up and teeth cleaning.

Here's the office that I go to.



This is Mrs Itano, she's really nice (a real family business).



This is my usual view when I'm in "the chair" (it's the lamp over my face).



Here's my X-rays ... I guess if something ever happened to me you can double check my dental records (ha ha).



My appointment ran alittle late so I had a chance to run across the street to pick up a card and
gift for my folk for the birthday party that I was going to after my teeth cleaning.

After my teeth got all nice and polished, I hopped into my Acura and raced down to Burbank for my next appointment.



Finally got to "The Castaway" banquet center right in the middle of Burbank's De Bell's golf course! I got there about an hour and 1/2 late right in the middle of the hula performance (the event was my aunt's mom 90th birthday). I wolfed down the extra salad that was at my table and the main entree soon appeared.



More dancers and singers ...



Here's the birthday girl, Mrs Dytiapco, 90 years young!!!



Here's the nice cake.



Here's DB's relatives, aunts, uncles and one of my cousins.



The next generation, my Cuz Michael's twins and their cousin.



Hmmm, didn't I mention that this place was right in the middle of a golf course?! Somehow, I made it down to the driving range.



What started out to be a pretty good golfing session

... ended sadly!



Defective club or baseball power swing ... towards the end of hitting about 110 golf balls, my clubhead flew off of my brand new Adams 3 Wood and landed about 40 feet away on the driving range (how embarassing)!



The drive back to Buena Park was long and sad. I was fortunate that the sporting good place gave me a full refund for my busted golf club!

Oh, after we got back from Sports Authority, I discovered that someone had "tagged" our trash bin in our patio!!! @#*# punks!!!! I tried scrubbing off the graffiti but not much of it came off.




Tried to watch the Laker game but they were already 15 point in the hole, ouch! After dinner, my roomie and I went to the local driving range hit about 100 ball or so as well as putted a few holes.

All in all a pretty full Saturday. Well, the Laker got knocked outta of the playoffs but the Dodgers actually won another game tonight.

-DB-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for the lakers losing. i'm a huge laker hater.

i can't believe they let you take pics in the dentist office!

peylin

Delta Boy said...

Whatup Peylin!

What's that about being a "Laker Hater" ?! Man!! I guess its good that you didn't move out here .. (hee hee) ... We don't need another Karen Y out here cheering for Texas!

Speaking of which, that was pretty nice of you showing Bev around Austin. There's a ton of stuff on Food Network and the Travel Channel about Austin and Texas in general, such a big and contrasting state!

Yeah, about the dentist office, I bet they won't let me back in with my camera (I kinda of pulled it out on them). Actually, the dentist is a good friend of mine who visits Epic Church every so often.

-DB-