Thursday, May 25, 2006

Golfing at Iron-Wood 9 - afterwork


Watch out for flying clubs! DB was having a tough time at the golf course!

Went golfing with Joe and Wai after work today. It was a beautiful day and the golf course was crowded. It wasn't too bad once we started. We had a Filipino gentleman, Ed who join us. He seemed like a really friendly guy until he started giving me all this unwanted advice. I got really frustrated with my golfing during the first two holes (and with Ed talking so much). At one point, I had to walk away from the group and took some hard swings into the air. It wasn't until mid-way in the fourth hole that I started to enjoy golfing again.



Pre game putting



Joe getting ready for his favorite course.


Wai tees off!


Ed getting ready.



Approach to Hole #2 with water hazard to the left side.


Ed tees off at #2



This was just like a scene from the movie "Caddyshack", a little gopher popped outta of his hole and was playing hide & seek with Wai and I. If you click on the photo you can see a close up of the gopher. Okay, where was my "gopher shooting iron" ?!




Approach to Hole # 9


Chipping area at Iron-Wood.

I think I shot a 56 ... can't putt worth a crap or drive or chip shot but it was fun being outside playing under a beautiful California sky!

-DB-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bummer, it seemed that Ed guy really harshed your buzz.

Isn't that like the #1 rule of golfing etiquette?... No unsolicited advice?

Whatever his deal was I dunno but I give you tons of credit for going out and playing and working on your game.

lenard j.