
One of the two biggies activities for most "Southern Country Boys" such as yours truly Delta Boy is fishing (the other one is hunting/target shooting). I'm gonna get to go fishing this weekend with my Uncle Mike.

More specifically, I'm gonna go "TROUT FISHING" this weekend. Back home in Mississippi, to go fishing all one has to do is throw them 'rods in the bed of the pickup truck and head out to the fishin' hole. Out in LA, it's alittle more complicated.
I haven't gone trout fishing in a few years since my group outing with Pastor Kev and some other folks. Even BB (that's Bubble Boy Carlos to the rest of y'all) went on one of the trips. It's pure pleasure to just be outta of the City and outta of the "rat race" to be in the outdoors with fishing as an added benefit! As a wise man (guy) said, " a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!").
Well, had to make a run to the local Wal-mart to buy some fishing supplies, gear and some bait. I hope my trout rod n reels are still in working order. I just shelled out $42 in basic stuff plus a new fishing vest to carry around all my lite stuff (let's not talk about my heavy gear in the multiple tackle boxes I have)!Aaaah, the simple life of fishing back home ... all you needed is a cutted cane pole, 10 feet of line, a bent hook, a rusty can of nightcrawlers (thats worms to you city folks), an RC cola, a piece of "moonpie" and a nice fishing hole and shade to enjoy the blessings that God gives to us simple country folks!
Here in LA, you gotta SCHEDULE, BOOK RESERVATIONS, PAY FEES and PERMITS, DRIVE GREAT DISTANCES before you see the first fishing hole!
Fishing Tales to follow ... stay tune!
-DB-
P.S. Today is an anniversary of sorts ... I moved out to LA on this date, May 11th several years ago. It's been an adventure ever since (earthquakes, riots, fires, floods, the Pope's visit, and three Laker Championships).

No comments:
Post a Comment