
Rats! I just temporarily lost half of my video recording capabilities; my "workhorse" DVR/DVD recorder froze up last night in middle of my editing session! I think I lost about 60 hours of recorded episodes that I didn't transfer over to DVD disc yet. Crap!!
On top of that, two of my favorite shows are about to start: "Lost" and "Battlestar Galactica"!! Good thing I bought the extended warrenty. Just took my recorder over to a local Panasonic service center (about 3 minutes from my work place); they said it would take 7 - 10 business days to repair my machine (hope so)!
Anyways, good think I have a "NASA" mentality about stuff like this, I have two more layers of redundance built in (my cable DVR unit plus my DVD disc recorder and three connected VHS recorders). The only thing, I haven't done yet is buy a UPS (uninterupted power source ... ie battery backup) for my recorders.
Also, I think I might still have a copy of last week's Grey's Anatomy (or not ... depends if I erased it or not ... Sorry SP). I guess that's life, machine will break down eventually (as do people). Also, my home DSL is been going down these last two evening so Gamera-San and I have been disconnected from the internet the last couple of evenings.
-DB-

2 comments:
Seems like you watch the popular shows. You can just watch it off the networks' websites since they stream it there.
Good luck with the DSL. Verizon's customer service is so bad you'd be praying to speak with someone from india! And they over sold their capabilities they don't care if you leave or not.
Post a Comment