
Recently, I had been reading about the passing of several of my former classmates parents. A few weeks ago, I opened my copy of the Delta State Alumni magazine and was sadden to learn that John Paul Quon, a professor at DSU had passed also in September of this year. I've spoken to John Paul several times during my days at DSU and was impressed with not only his professionism in the Accounting field but with his understanding what it was like to be Chinese in the Mississippi Delta. On the few occassions, I was able to spend with him I learned quite a bit about my own cultural heritage.
Several years ago, I stumble upon the DSU Oral History website and found John Paul's contribution. I think anyone who truly want to know what it's like to be of Chinese ethnicity and grow up in the emerging South can get a glimpse of this.
Here's is the link to John Paul Quon's oral history, I think you would find it to be as interesting as I did. Here is another link to an interview that John Paul had made more recently about race relations in Mississippi.
Sincerely,
Delta Boy
Several years ago, I stumble upon the DSU Oral History website and found John Paul's contribution. I think anyone who truly want to know what it's like to be of Chinese ethnicity and grow up in the emerging South can get a glimpse of this.
Here's is the link to John Paul Quon's oral history, I think you would find it to be as interesting as I did. Here is another link to an interview that John Paul had made more recently about race relations in Mississippi.
Sincerely,
Delta Boy

No comments:
Post a Comment