Monday, July 09, 2007

Mono Village Camping - Day 4


These recycle bins were all over (too bad we didn't use 'em).


Most of the gang went on a two hour hike to Barney Lake (a whole 'nother tale there) but Art puppy-sat Brody and I went fishing in the Cove.


On my way to the Cove, I saw Bambi lurking about in the woods.


The lake was beautiful this morning!


I found a great fishing spot but didn't get a single bite! And then all these dang boats started to surround my area and throwing their lines in my spot! Curses!!!


I met Art for lunch at Mono Village Cafe (the rude waitress wasn't working the lunch shift) ...


Both of us got the "Mono Burger" which was a regular cheeseburger with a slice of hot dog wiener in the middle of it. It was good as were the fries. Unfortunately, the burger came back to haunt Art who prompt wreck the plumbing in my favorite john!

While the three of us (me, Art and Brody) were resting back at the camp, we saw the camp staff corral a black bear behind our campsite with their pickup trucks. Yogi was running back up the mountain behind us. My tent was the closest to this area but luckly we got some new neighbors moving their giant RV close by. Wonder if I should have warned them that they were in "bear country"


After the others came back, I decided to spend the rest of my Saturday fishing. I spent an hour or so in the first roadside spot with only a couple bites. Then, I walked about 200 feet or so down the road and found a really hot spot. I had bunch of hits and had my leader lines ripped by the hungry trouts!


I was fortunate to be able to pull in a couple nice ones!


I made it back for a yummy bacon wrapped hot link sandwiches! We had another bear sighting but by this time we were sort of used to seeing them. The gang went back to playing cards, ho hum.

I turned in about 10pm or so, this was our last night at the camp site. I happened to hear on the radio that evening that a forest fire had broken out on Highway 396 between Lone Pine and Independences so we didn't know if this was going to affect our trip home.

-DB-

No comments: