Sunday, July 08, 2007

Mono Village Camping - Day 3


Day 3, Friday started off with Art renting a boat for the day


Captain Art is ready to shove off!


"someone" is enjoy the ride


I was lucky enough to catch a couple nice sized trouts. It was a good thing that Art noticed my rod nearly got pulled in with by a trout!


We got called back for breakfast and our motor wouldn't start. Good thing the guy in the next boat (a vacationing teacher) pulled us in (you can see Art holding on to the rope).


Here are the two trouts I caught that morning. We ended up cooking them for dinner that night.


Here's Sterling with the trout he caught (and released)! Six of us went boat fishing after lunch.

Here's Miss Fifi fishing off a boulder in the lake. Right after I took this, I fell off a loose tree branch and smushed my camera monitor (I was shooting blind after this).


Here's a shot after my camera broke (not too bad).


We came back to check on Jill and Brody, Sterling put on his wetsuit and swam in.


Here's the shallow beach area where we met Jill & Brody


Now everyone is in the water



The ladies are working on dinner for this evening.

Later on we saw some bears nearby. Poor Melanie actually saw one within 3 feet when she was coming out of the ladies room! We figured out that the camp's Tri-tip BBQ cookout probably brought out all the bears into the center of the camp! Sleeping that evening was pretty scary!

-DB-

2 comments:

Bruin2k3 said...

Quote of the day:

"Why are you shining your flashlights at me?"

"We're not shining them at you, we're shining them at the BEAR BEHIND you!!!"

Rebecca Hong said...

Ah - looks like fun! So sad I missed it. =(