Had House Church on Friday. My small group has been going deep these past couple weeks (this week's reading assignment was on "Discipline" and "Spiritual Poverty"). Our meal time was interesting. I didn't plan ahead so I made a batch of those "school fundraiser" cookies and a pot of steam rice. It turn out that other folks made rice too (we're so Asian!) but luckly we had thoughtful folks who made great comfort food like stews and soups that goes so perfectly with all that rice! We even had a plate of "PB and J" (peanut butter n jelly) sandwiches.
Sarah D. led us in a wonderful time of worship and the younger kids actually settled down and joined us worshipping (they were so cute holding up their song sheet eventhough I'm pretty sure the 4 and 5 year olds can't read any of the lyrics).
After small groups (which was running well past 10pm), I jammed home and DVR'd thru Friday's newest episodes of "BSG" and "Rebelde".
Got up earlier on Saturday morning to start consolidating all these old printers, computers, monitors, and tv sets to junk at the annual city clean up day. There was more than a 1/2 hour to 45 minute wait in line to go dump our "hazmat" trash. It was so worth it. I lucked in that I was able to go to a shorter line because all I had was electronic stuff!
Later in the afternoon, I met up my coworker Wai and her friend Matt to try to play 18 holes at Dad Miller's GC in Anahiem (Tiger Wood's old course). Eventhough we started at 2:00, we could only complete the front 9 holes (by 4:10pm) and midway to hole #15 (which I quit after losing two balls in the near darkness).
Came back home soon afterward to see if we're still having dinner with Rick and James. We ended up going to Tap's Fishhouse and Brewery in Brea. Before dining, we went next door to see what was left with the Tower Records going out business sale. Eventhough there were empty shelves there were plent of merchandise out there for mostly 30% off the lowest sticker price (if there was any stickers). The problem is (and probably why Towers is going outta of business) is their stuff is marked up so high to begin with that alot of this still isn't much of a discount (goes against my Chinese upbringing to buy anything at FULL RETAIL!). So atleast on this visit, I didn't buy a thing.
Our dinner get together at Taps was good, over beers, burgers, and creme brulee (for me) we talked about baseball, the latest church scandel on the news, Christian counseling, and of course golf. I ate way too much and dessert totally pushed me over the top! I was hurting all the way home and for alittle while before bed time. Which might be the reason why I'm posting this at 4am.
Got church later this morning and a baptism this afternoon.
Back to bed ...
-DB-
(Postscript: Sunday's blog can be found on my Xanga Site)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment