Monday, August 28, 2006

Full Sunday

Think I'm recovering from my golf tournament on Saturday. Sunday was kinda of packed. I didn't sleep well (too cold, had caffine soda late in the evening) and woke up with a sore throat! Salt and warm water are a good combination.

I just made it to service today. James' team led worship accompanied by Harry W. on some special selections. Pastor Erin made announcements including sign ups for next Sunday's church BBQ picnic (Labor Day Weekend), and "How People Grow" books on sale (for our house church studies). Pastor Kev gave a message about growth and used the Luke chapter 7 story of the Sinful Woman.

Saw our friends safely back from Oman (Jasmine & Melanie) and Kristine and met her younger look alike sister who's also at Biola. After teardown, a group of us had lunch at Knowlwood's. Yep, had a opportunity for Dim Sum but passed it up (thank Miss Fifi & Mel for asking)!

After an interesting lunch, chatting and catching up with some folks; I decided to take my roomie's invite (I was his substitute "date", ha ha) to join him and the Doi's for an evening at the Hollywood Bowl. For me, it's all about being at the 'Bowl! I offered to pick up food for the outing and made a bee-line to Albertson's to pick up a chicken dinner, some cheese & crackers and drinks. I also packed a bottle of wine and some picnic supplies.

The Hollywood Bowl was fun! We carpooled to the Hollywood and Highland Center (where the Kodak Theater is) and took a shuttle to the 'Bowl. I heard that tonight's concert was a sell out. I'm not familar with the three groups but they were all very entertaining! We saw Gonzale, Zero 7 and the Gotan Project (fusion multimedia rap/techo/Tango group). It was party city at the Hollywood Bowl tonight!

Me, I just enjoyed sitting under the stars listening to music and enjoying a glass of wine and good Gouda cheese & crackers. And hanging out with great folks like Mister Gamera-San and Kevin and Dorene.

On the way out, I gotta a photo of the famous "Singing Dog Puppet Guy" at the Hollywood Bowl (well, almost ... he covered his face with the puppet's ear). I swear that guy must have been to every Hollywood Bowl event that I've gone to in the last 15 years or so!

Enjoy the Pixs!

-DB-


D-Team Floor Lead J give instructions to worship team


James' team led worship today


Eugene, Ryan and Tim waits to see what God brings into their lives


Lunch at Knowwood's ... Salmon Tacos



Back to the Hollywood Bowl!


The beautiful 'Bowl at dusk


DB breaks out the wine


Some familar faces at the 'Bowl


The famous "Singing Dog Puppet Guy" at the Hollywood Bowl!

P.S. Such a busy day, I missed calling my mom for her birthday today (oops). Sorry Mom, call on you Monday; hope you got my card & gift!

No comments: