Saturday, August 12, 2006

Food worth waiting for ?

My bro' wanted me to start a Food Blog (I guess I do post enough entries about food, huh?) but this will have to do since I already have four blog going at the same time including this one.

My question of the day is, "Is there food that you're willing to wait for?" If you live in LA area, the answer is probably YES!

Gamera-San invited me to join him and his friends for an evening at Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant (this is the original reason why Knott's Berry Farm Theme park was started; so that the folks waiting in line for the famous chicken dinners, would have something else to do). I've been to Knott's for chicken dinners on many occasions but tonight was alittle different.

When we got there, the parking was maxing out. Normally, folks just going to the restaurant (as oppose to the Knott's Theme Park) just have to park in the free 3 hour lots. But we took a wrong turn and ended up in the theme park parking ($9)! Then after walking all the walk thru the big parking lot toward the restaurant; we were stunned to see the line going in wrapped all the way around the side of the building! As it turned out, the wait for us was about an hour and a half!

We were finally seated about 7:34 pm. We were excited! The service was pretty good and was great! We had to be careful not to fill up on the basket of hot biscuits n' butter/Knott's jams! I guess I could have ordered something that wasn't chicken but heck, you don't' come to Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant and order the BBQ ribs (although, I'm curious now).

We also found out that MKCDR serves beer too! I guess that's fairly recent 'cause I never knew that. Anyways, it wasn't cheap but we were all happy with our choices! Thanks Gamera-San for treating us all!!

-DB-



The mass of hungry people in front of us!



The street front of Mrs Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant



Gamera & DB crazed with hunger!


Almost inside!!


Past the time with digital toys!


Finally, a menu!


So many NON-Fried Chicken dishes!

Salad and Chicken Noodle Soup


aaaaaw, a cold one


The famous Fried Chicken with mash potatoes and corn


Matthew gets the Snoopy ice cream bar


DB get the apple pie for dessert!


A final look at the Giant Knott's Chicken!

It was a good dinner outing!

-DB-

1 comment:

Lenard James Akkar said...

That's crazy! Me and the wife were thinking abour Mrs's Knotts fried chicken. A last thing to do before she goes back to NY for a couple of months.

I had the ribs once (beef). They weren't that good. A lot of sauce and over done meat. I like claim jumpers better.

Good eats to you DB.

lja