Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Full Moon and a boba

I had to run an errand this evening and noticed that it was a full moon. I love full moon; although I've heard that it makes the tide rises, the werewolves come out as well as a bunch a crazy people! The romantic side of me keep hoping for those moments with that special someone (although a nice sun setting over the Pacific Ocean works just as well).

I know that sometimes a full moon can seem kinda of creepy too. Especially if you're out fishing, hiking or hunting in the countryside (the imagination takes over). And there is the harvesting or hunting moon were the moonlight is especially bright!

Tonight is just an ordinary moon. I'm likely to see most of it tomorrow while I'm out "twilight golfing". So I guess that would be a "golfing moon".


A Full Moon tonight- can you see the "Rabbit pounding Mochee" as my Japanese friends would say or do you see the "Man in the Moon"?


To me this shot looks like the "Ever-ready Bunny" with his drum is on the Moon.



Stop by the local Boba Loca shop on my way home. Those guys were so fast, I barely ordered my drink before they put it out in front of me.


I heard that the original "Boba" (tapicoa balls / iced coffee) drinks were imported from Taiwan about 7 - 8 years ago. I saw them in mainland China in 2004.


The amazing sealed lids!

The cool thing about the "sealed" lids that Boba Loca and other Asian coffeehouse uses, is that you can toss them in your car or carry a bunch of them in a bag with out worrying about them leaking (What a brilliant idea! Makes you wonder why don't Starbuck uses this techology for their frozen drinks). And when you're ready to drink them, you just pop a sharpen straw into the top and start enjoying! I had heard some of my non-Asian friends complain about getting used to sipping and crewing (the tapioca balls) at the same time. I know it was weird at first for me too! I've seen some places have the micro tapioca balls (about the size of BB's). Interesting.

Oh, well ... a full moon and a belly full of iced coffee and boba!

-DB-

p.s.
Sorry, I was having a "Seinfield" inspired moment ... lot of writing about "nothing" at all, ha ha!

p.s.(s)
"Shout out" to Carey, Kim, Patti and the kids at Orlando's Disneyworld! See you on Saturday!

Also a "shout out" to Miss Fifi (visiting her folks in NYC)! Hope you're having a great time in the "Big Apple"! See you back in LA soon enough!


*** 8/10/06 Update ***

New Blog Link: Welcome Mr Lenard J. Akkar, fellow golfer, fisherman, paintballer, former coworker and brother in Christ (as well as in last names). The only other person, I've known to fly over LA in a chopper. Check out his blog if you get a chance!

http://lenardjamesakkar.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Delta Boy said...

Yup, Boba is so addicting!

-DB-