I ended up going home and sleeping right away after my small group meeting, no blogging lastnight for me. It had been a long stressful week dealing not only with work but some personal issues also.
So I skipped out on the Open House thingee at the Bpk PD, the garage sale, and the Crossroads of the West (gun) show this morning to have some sack time. After a late lunch of hot dogs and tamales, it was back in bed for a long nap. I miss nap time ... I rarely have 'em as a adult except on Monday holidays.
When I finally got in enough sleep; I loaded my golf bag in my car, ran down to the nearest Wal-Mart to buy a year round freshwater fishing licenses and then went to this Korean owned driving range on what used to be Chevron's oil fields in La Habra. It was recommended to me by one of the couples at church. It was okay, kind of deserted. I felt like I was going to pass out since it was so warm and the sun was in my face.


After finishing my 100 ball bucket, I loaded everything up and went home to eat another yummy Tamale (leftovers from last night Mexican themed House Church dinner); grabbed my fishing gear and went over to a local lake to fish.
Boy was I disappointed! That La Mirada Regional park lake was basically an oversized duck pond! But it was good practice for my fishing trip at the end of summer (hoping to go to Mammoth / June Lake area in the Eastern Sierras). I should have read the fishing report otherwise I would have known that this lake hasn't been stocked for three weeks!

I met a guy there who with his fishing rod, recovered over 315 freebies (sp). Wow!

Just down the street from the regional park was another golf course, La Mirada Golf Course; also runned by Los Angeles County. Originally my friend's bachelor party was going to be there at La Mirada but now it's going to be at Birch Golf Course. Think we going to pay extra to ride them nice golf carts (no dragging our gear thru 18 holes) next Saturday.

-DB-

1 comment:
I love the colors in your last picture!
Post a Comment