After work, pickup dinner from Carl Jr's, went home to grab my fishing rods and went to the local fishing hole (would have helped if there were fishes in the "cement pond"). A young Mexican girl walked up to me and kept asking me if "I brought the fish", huh? What? She went away and then came back and I noticed a man and a boy in the background whom I took to be the girl's father and brother. She asked again and I think this time I think they were trying to ask me when the lake was being stocked again. I said at first I didn't know and then remember that I just looked it up on the internet (that's urban fishing for you) and tried to tell them that the DFG was stocking catfish here next week.

Scenic La Mirada Regional Lake

Delta Boy's fishing gear ...
Anyway, they went on their way. I casted one of my lines out and then worked on my 2nd line (I have a special tag on my fishing license for two rods). I forgot how frustrating getting fishing equipment ready is ... lines keep tangling ... ugh!.

DB having a frustrating time fishing in the city!
I finally casted my 2nd line out and caught a ... DUCK! Dang, ducky got all tangled in my fishing line. Another fisherman helped me pull in the poor frighten duck to untangle and set him free. I should have taken a photo of him.

my ducky was similar to this one.
Well, it was a good exercise in using my trout gear. I think the next time I come back, I'll bring a simple fishing pole and try for the catfish or bluegills.
Went back to the townhouse before it got too dark, watch some TV, put in a load of laundry and grabbed some clubs and ran out to driving range to hit so balls. Ended up hitting only 50 since I had gone the night before and hit another 150 with all my clubs.

Hit about 50 balls tonight!
I'm at home now all sore from all the stuff I did this week so far, bowling on Monday, driving range yesterday and today, and fishing today (from carrying all my gear to the lake) and going to the gym at work during lunch time the last three days (which is pretty much my normal weekly workout at the company gym).
Think I'll sleep good tonight, it's a cool evening outside.
-DB-

No comments:
Post a Comment