

waiting for my ride at 4am in the cold - Tony was right on time! We got to LAX in about 40 minutes! (Thanks Bro for the ride!!!) Security at Terminal One was actually pretty fast!

view outside Terminal One at LAX at 6am

On board on my flight to Las Vegas stopover

racing by the Themed Restaurant at LAX

scene at the Las Vegas Airport

lots of of food choices at the Vegas Airport (gambling choices too)

I decided to have an early (9am) lunch at Ruby's ... it was going to be a 4 hour flight and 2 time zone change.

My flight to Memphis didn't leave until after 12pm so I had time to recharge my iPhone and update my online status on Twitter / FB.

Finally got into Memphis about 5:30pm local time (3:30pm PST); my brother picked me up for the 2 hour drive back to our little hometown in Mississippi.

On the return trip, a week later my brother drove me back to the Memphis airport. We had a 2 hour drive plus we had to go two hour earlier for security especially after some nut tried to blow up another Northwest/ Delta plane on Christmas day over Detroit ( Security in Memphis this morning only took 30 minutes after check in) and then my plane was late coming in from DC for more than an hour and half.
We finally took off about 10:40am (flight was scheduled at 9:20am) ... good thing, it was a direct flight into LAX. I had to spend almost four hours next to this guy with BO!! Ugh, plus I made the same mistake as I did last year, drinking a huge cup of coffee before getting on the flight and sitting on the inside window seat. I had to crawl by two guys to get to the bathroom in mid-flight. Also, I ended up sitting at the very back of the plane, that was a little weird.

Well, I didn't ask any one to pick me up at LAX (good thing 'cause the flight was late) also, I wanted to try the Metrolink ... it was interesting experience but I did have to ask a friend to give a ride from the Metro station in Norwalk back to Buena Park ... it was a loooong day traveling. Factoring in New Years eve dinner with friends, and staying up afterwards, I had a 25 hour day!
-DB-

No comments:
Post a Comment