Sunday, January 04, 2009

11 hour journey back to LA


4am at the Memphis International Airport


Here I am all ragged from no sleep having to catch a ride to the Memphis airport from my brother; we left at 2:40am and arrived about 2 hours later.


None of the coffee or food places were opened yet so I had to fly on an empty stomach to my connecting stop in Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport. The pilot said it was 2 degrees there. We got off to a late start because the tow bar malfunctioned and the grounds crew had to replace before we were able to taxi onto the runway. 2:18 flight to MSP, at least we got a beautiful sunrise on the way there.


We were able to make up time and got to MSP as scheduled but we couldn't get off the plane because the jetway was frozed (remember 2 degrees in Minneapolis). After 15 - 20 minutes, I was able to disembark the small jet and discovered my connecting flight was on the oppose end of the airport (from Gate G16 to Gate C3) ... luckly, I found a McDonald Express to grab some OJ and a sauage egg muffin. After a half an hour delay (in which the flight crew was late too) we finally took off. It was about 9:45am (7:45 PST) and about 7 hours when I left my parent's house in Mississippi.


After a gruelling 3.5 hour flight, we finally landed in John Wayne Airport in Orange County. Despite the earlier delay, we arrived on scheduled and my roommate picked me up at about 11:30am (about 11 hours after I left my parent's). We made it back to Buena Park by 12 noon.


I was able to to swing by church and take communion by 12:30pm (I guess service must have ran late too). So far I'm still holding up with no sleep after lunch with the House Church gang.

I'm going to hate MONDAY (and work)!!

-DB-

No comments: